Cacao tour: 2 days in Palenque & San CristóbalSKU: 36133
Description of Cacao tour: 2 days in Palenque & San CristóbalIf you want to hear the story of the "divine seed", we invite you to come and enjoy our Cacao Tour. This tour will take 2 days, starting off with a visit to the Archaeological Site of Palenque, in the state of Chiapas. Then, the tour will go on until we reach the beautiful town of San Cristóbal de las Casas.
We encourage you to take this exclusive hiking tour, specially focused in the cacao seed. On the first day, you will discover the use of the divine elixir during the pre-colonial ages. We will hike along the high moist evergreen forest of the National Park and the Archaelogical Site of Palenque while our qualified guide interprets nature for us. On the second day, prepare your sweet tooth, because we will get around the town of San Cristóbal de las Casas tasting all kinds of chocolate, from the traditional ellaborations to the fine modern bombons, travelling from the past to the near future of the cacao.
We will follow the next itinerary:
- First day: we will wake up early in the morning to take a brief photography course that will serve us for the 3-hours tour along the archaeological remains of Paelnque. After this, we will carry out an interpretative hiking tour in the jungle, indentifying the pvegetation and animals of this tropical ecosystem. Then, we wil have lunch in Palenque to recharge our batteries for the route heading towards San Cristóbal de las Casas. We will make a stop in this tour to see a farmer's orchard. Then, we will resume the travel for 2 more hours. We will stop again for 30 minutes in Ocosingo to stretch ourselves up, go to get some coffee and to the toilet. Next, we will go on to get to San Cristóbal de las Casas.
- Second day: we will go on a guided visit across the streets and main touristic attractions of San Cristóbal de las Casas. We will visit its typical sweets marketplace, the chocolate museum and the medicine museum, among others. The day will be wrapped up with an educational talk and a group dinner to get familiar with cacao.
Enjoy the authentic side of the Mayan Chiapas with a specialized guide!
- Access to the Archaeological Site of Palenque
- Access to the National Park of Palenque
- Access to MisolHa ecotourism center
- Access to museums: Mayan medicine museum, Santo Domingo museum and chocolate museum
- Ellaboration of chocolate workshop
- Transportations in Palenque
- Transportation to San Cristóbal de las Casas
- Lunch in Palenque
- Dinner in San Cristóbal de las Casas
- Conference about the cacao
- Taste workshop