2 day hostoric tour in Zacatlan and ChignahuapanSKU: 37966
Description of 2 day hostoric tour in Zacatlan and ChignahuapanHistory lovers will enjoy this guided tour by the Magic Villages of the Sierra de Puebla, Zacatlán de las Manzanas, Chignahuapan, Huachinango and Xicotepec. In each town we will visit the most emblematic places and our local guides will accompany you at all times to give you an explanation about each site.
- First day : Our first stop will be in Valle de las Piedras Encimadas where we will have breakfast, then head to the historic center of Zacatlán , visiting the famous Alberto Olvera Hernández watchmaking museum , the vineyards and the Paseo de la Barranca, we will taste a delicious bread in the Traditional Bakery and go to the Franciscan Temple and the Parish of St. Peter and St. Paul . To end our tour in this town, we will make a wine and cider tasting , typical liquors of this place famous for its apples.
- Second day: We will visit the villages of Huachinango and Xicotepec , the first known for its pleasant roasted peanut aroma when you walk through the streets of downtown. We will know the monumental Virgin of Guadalupe, the Museum of the Indian attire , the Conventual set but we will also visit places that show us the daily life of its inhabitants as a farm of coffee plantations where you will taste a rich coffee, the plant market, a shop of handicrafts and the most famous bakery of the "Don Juanito" area.
- Third day: Our last day will be dedicated to the people of Pahuatlán , here we will visit the main buildings around the zócalo, the Church of Santiago Apostle , the Santillan Botanical Garden and we will visit a artisanal workshop where you can observe the women of the community embroidering with chaquira and stamen. In addition to the guided tours, we will carry out activities that will allow you to interact with its inhabitants who always receive tourists with great warmth. First we will make a wine tasting of the region, then we will go through several orchards where we will contemplate banana, blackberry, pineapple, tangerine or orange trees, and to close with Golden brooch, we will visit the San Pablito amate paper sanctuary , here we will attend a workshop to make your own millenary paper.
* This tour requires the formation of a group of at least 5 people.
- Lodging 2 nights
- 3 breakfasts
- Guided visits to the 5 villages and their most emblematic places
- Wine and cider tasting
- Amate paper workshop
- Entrance tickets to different places
- Local guides