Muyil, Sian Ka'an and floated on the canal tourSKU: 35122
Description of Muyil, Sian Ka'an and floated on the canal tourJoin us in a wonderful guided tour along the biosphere reserve of Sian Ka'an, whose highlights are the archaeological area of Muyil, the speedboat tour across a water channel of gentle current and the largest ancient Pre-Hispanic city of the reserve.
However, we will not only visit these spots. This is the itinerary that we have prepared for the tour:
- Visit to the Mayan House: We will visit a typical household of this community, where we will come close to the lifestyle of nowadays Mayan communities that still inhabit the Caribbean rainforest. There we will learn the process of grinding corn to elaborate tortillas, a basic product in Mexican culture
- The Ruins: we will visit the Mayan archaeological remains in a guided tour.
- Interpretative Hiking Trail: we will follow the Canan-Ha route to observe the enthralling wildlife of the rainforest. At the end of the path we will find a 62-feet (19 meters) high viewpoint that we will climb to have an amazing panoramic view of the reservation, from its areas of jungle, savannah and mangles to its landscapes of lagoons.
- Lunchtime: we will enjoy a typical dish of this region: the tamale. Drinks are included.
- Speedboat Tour across the Lagoons of Muyil and Chunyaxché, heading towards the ancient ruins of Xtlapak. After visiting them, we will divert our way to navigate through an ancient water channel bult by the Mayan people 1,000 years ago.
After finishing the last activity, we will be ready to go back to the hotel.
Please note that this offer does not include federal taxes, additional consumptions, alcoholic drinks and tips.
- Air-conditioned transportation.
- Mayan lunch.
- Speedboat tour (lagoons and Mayan water channel).
- Guided tour to Muyil.
- At Playa del Carmen at 6:30 AM.
- At Tulum at 8:00 AM.