Grandfather Expeditions We are an operator of adventure services that organizes r appel, canyoning, via ferrata. Climb, hikes, cycling routes , that is, we want you to fall in love with the mountain as much as we do. We have a team of certified professionals, led by Eduardo Treviño “El abuelo” who has more than 15 years of experience in this sector.
The mountain range of the state of Nuevo León we have the best canyons in Mexico, if you are addicted to adrenaline you have to do canyoning in one of these places: Matacanes, Hydrophobia, Chipitín, 7 rappels, Ants Canyon, La Esmeralda, Labyrinth and Salto , among others.
For those who prefer to admire nature in a quieter way, we offer hiking routes in the main Ecological Parks practicing ecotourism in Chipinque, La Huasteca Leonesa, Guitarritas, the San Cristóbal Canyon and that of San Judas. Although if you like to walk but you like the high mountains, try one of our routes through the peaks of the “M” that are Las Águilas and La Ventana, we also visit the famous Cerro de la Silla, the Cerro de las Silla Mitras, Cerro de Horcones, Stair Canyon, Udem Peak , among many others.
If you prefer to do any of these bike tours, we will accompany you as MTB guides. In Grandfather Expeditions we have up to 10 different mountain biking routes that travel up to 30 kilometers in one walk. With us you can shoot in El Pajonal, Las Tinajas, all of La Huasteca, the Icamole Desert among other scenarios.
Grandfather Expeditions We have more than 15 years organizing tours of canyoning in the Sierra Madre Occidental, in the state of Nuevo León We invite you to live with us one of the most adrenaline and excitement activities that exists.
We offer you different destinations for canyoning:
- Matacanes : The spectacular thing about this canyon is that the water is crystal clear and has a very strong turquoise color. However, it offers many challenges so you have to make it very concentrated since there are many jumps to the water pools, slides and a few abseils. It is necessary to have physical condition.
- Hydrophobia : The best thing about this canyon is its multiple waterfalls, the highest of 75 meters from which we will jump from a zip line. Dare to jump from 8 meters high.
- 7 Rappels: This is also done in Chipitín. It is called that because in the tour we will find 6 waterfalls in which we will have to make very technical descents.
- Ants Canyon: This is a canyon with less water and only 4 rappels in waterfalls. Different from the previous ones but the landscape is worth it.
Dare to jump with us to a water pose, it will be amazing to take the step of falling empty.
Enjoy the mountains most representative of Nuevo León with the guided hike excursions that we organize in Grandfather Expeditions . We offer you from tours of interpretive hiking through the different ecological parks of the state to mountaineering trips in the main summits of the mountain range.>
The tours that we organize in Grandfather Expeditions are for the whole family and you can choose between:
- Trekking : Intermediate and low level treks with guides specialized in ecotourism in the ecological park of Chipinque where we can interpret nature, tours in La Huasteca Leonesa, routes through Guitarists where there are still fossils of ancient civilizations. Also, we can walk between the high walls of dry canyons, admiring how majestic the mountain is in the canyons of San Cristóbal and San Judas.
- Mountaineering : We have specialized guides in high mountains and mountaineering that will direct the excursions through the highest peaks such as the Copete de las Águilas, La Ventana, La Antena and the 2 peaks from the Cerro de la Silla. If we climb to Cerro del Potosí in winter we can see snow. We have more than 20 mountain expeditions to choose from.
Join any of our excursions, these forests are impressive and you can't miss them.
Grandfather Expeditions We show you how to climb on the mountain . Our selected scenario is the Huasteca where our instructors will teach you on the one hand the basic climbing technique if you are a beginner and where you also You will learn to use the climbing equipment, both the group and the individual .
The Huasteca Canyon is perfect for climbing here in Nuevo León, as it has more than 180 armed routes . This amount of routes allows climbers of all levels to practice.
We put all the equipment, certified climbing equipment to give you the support you need at all times. The guides will advise you when it comes to ascending, you just need to concentrate and move towards the top.
We can also practice rappelling in the mountains , we make customized excursions, depending on what each group asks us to do. Dare to go climbing with Grandfather Expeditions, more than 15 years of experience support us.
You want to do the Vía Ferrata de La Huasteca, because Grandfather Expeditions we are your guides in this vertigo adventure where you will have to climb up the mountain with the help of different steps installed on the rock wall.
The Via Ferrata is a route that takes the mountain , using metal installations that will support us. These facilities have different forms such as steps, stairs, projections to support the feet, handrails, suspension bridges and even zip lines. It is important to always do this route with expert professional guides on the tour as they will show you how to overcome each challenge.
In Grandfather Expeditions, we are not only experts in this Via Ferrata , but we are also going to provide you with the best safety equipment so you can do this tour with confidence and enjoying every step in the mountain .
You will not notice your way forward and when you least expect it you will be almost at the top. Vertigo and adrenaline to the fullest, will you be able to do it?
In Grandparents Expeditions we choose between more than 10 mountain biking routes to do in the Sierra Madre . The MTB tours are guided by professionals who have the logistics of the controlled route so that people of all levels can not only enjoy their favorite sport but also enjoy the incredible landscapes of the Mountains of Santiago and the Huasteca Leonesa .
Our 2 star shoots that we organize are:
- Independence Route : This is a route where we go through up to 7 different villages, leaving La Carbonera. The objective is to reach La Huasteca on a ride of intermediate or low difficulty, since most of the route is rolled flat. We will only have some ascent slopes in small sections.
- Huasteca : This mountain bike tour has more than 30 kilometers and the goal is to reach Rompepicos, of low difficulty so that even children can do it.
We have different goals such as El Potosí, Galeana, Rayones, El Tarillal and the Icamole Desert .
As experts in mountaineering, Grandfather Expeditions we teach you how to rappel . If you want to challenge gravity, what better way to do it on a rope descent. You can do it in mountain or in a waterfall . We offer you different scenarios for your first rappelling experience.
In Grandfather Expeditions we organize rappelling trips to different places of the mountain range:
- Pozo del Gavilán: It is a very complete adventure because we will descend to a canyon. The descent is about 80 meters to the bottom of the well. Once there we will go on a kayak ride.
- Aguiluchos Nest: This rappel is in the mountains. We will reach one of the peaks of this region to make a descent of 25 meters. Following this long descent, another 2 shorter rappels will be made.
- La Huasteca: Only if you dare, we will look for different rappel for descents. In this way, we will establish greater challenges.
- Cave of the Virgin : This place known by the neighbors of the area, has easy access and is perfect for beginners. In order to reach the ravine from the cave we will make 3 descents.
- Paso del Caballero : In this beautiful landscape of the Sierra de Urbano we will rappel in cascade. It is a natural water fall of 80 meters high that we will lower with the help of the rope.
Rappel for all tastes, contact us and quote the tour for your group.